Thursday, October 30, 2008

Quarantine





I can now add Quarantine to my list of UK experiences. Don't ask me about the details, all I can tell you is:

  1. It's not as bad as it sounds

  2. I'm not really sick

  3. I'm in good hands (mostly)

  4. I volunteered for this

  5. I'm getting paid for the whole thing


If you're ever in a similar situation, the following survival tips might come in handy:




  1. Latex gloves make great balloons







2. Butterflies can sting







3. Whenever offered a cannula, politely say: “No bloody way!”







4. It's possible to lower Blood Pressure and Pulse with a bit of strategic Meditation







5. Good company and a sense of humour does wonders for the immune system











6. Eating lots of fruit keeps the body healthy, drawing them keeps the mind occupied






7. Online Flash games can keep you sane. When cabin fever sets in and you run out of things to do, you can always find a little time-waster online. These are a few of my favourites. Click on a picture to try the game. Unfortunately, it will not open in a new window, so once you've played one, hit the back button to try the rest.
















No comments: