Friday, August 8, 2008

I'm back online!

It's the second of my three off days per week and I'm sitting on a park bench in Holland Park. It's more like a forest in the middle of the city actually, really cool. Thats the first video. If you where wondering what happen to me, I was offline for more than a week because of 'technical difficulty'. My phone just froze up and when I restarted it it refused to send any text messages or emails. I finally got it fixed by re-installing the software, basically formating the phone. It's nice to have a clean start, once you've made peace with the fact that you've lost most of the contacts in your phone book and have to set up all phone settings again including internet and email... At least I have contact with the rest of the world again, so for now, just a quick summary of the past week. Last Friday I could at long last get hold of my first months wages. Pictured here is a months rent just before I paid it. The fact that I got it a week late was actually a good way of saving money, so I decided I deserve a bit of fun over the weekend. We started off in Greenwich Park (pronounced without the 'W'), where the meridian line 'originates' or whatever the correct technical term might be. If you want the details, Google or Wikipedia it, but its basically the line dividing the eastern and western hemisphere and the point where time begins (in the greenwich meantime sense, not the universal time and space sense). It sounds more impressive than it really is, but you do get a great view from the top of the hill. I tried to capture it, but the photo and video does not convey half of it.
*blogging temporarily suspended due to rain*

--
Sent using a Sony Ericsson mobile phone

No comments: